I. GENERAL TERMS
1. LUBLIN FILM FESTIVAL, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Festival’, organised by Kinoteatr Projekt operating at the Centre for Culture in Lublin, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organiser’, will take place on 19th-27th November 2021. The organizer reserves the right to change the date of the Festival or shorten its duration.
4. The Festival is intended for filmmakers from all over the world. The aim of the Festival is to promote a film repertoire which is original, daring, appealing to viewers, and at the same time novel in its approach to form and content. The Festival is also engaged in a large-scale educational activity, aimed at local community development.
II. SELECTION CRITERIA FOR CONTESTS AND NON-COMPETITION SCREENINGS
5. The films screened at the Festival are admitted and qualified by the Selection Committee appointed by the Organisers, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Committee’. The Committee assigns the films to the specific contests.
6. The Committee has the right to choose films not qualified to the contests to be shown during the non-competition screenings.
III. MEETING THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS IS PREREQUISITE FOR THE FILM QUALIFICATION AT THE FESTIVAL
7. The following films can be entered into the competitions:
a) short films made in any technique available whose duration does not exceed 30 minutes (incl. end credits) made after 1st January 2019.
b) full-length fictional films whose duration is minimum 60 minutes long (incl. end credits) made after 1st January 2019.
c) it is possible to submit short films made in Virtual Reality and 360° technology, however, in 2021 it is not expected to create a special competition for them (they will be presented at special non-competitive screenings).
8. No more than 2 films by the same author may be submitted to the selection.
9. The following films will NOT take part in the selection:
a) animations and documentaries whose duration time is over 30 minutes long (incl. end credits),
b) films submitted to previous editions of the Festival,
c) films produced before 1st January 2019,
d) films submitted after the end date of the call for entries specified in point 14 of these terms and regulations.
IV. SELECTION OF FILMS FOR COMPETITION
10. The applicant submitting a film must hold all copyrights to it or should be authorised by the copyright owner to submit the film to the Festival’s selection.
11. The films can be submitted only through FilmFreeway (http://filmfreeway.com/festival/LublinFF) together with the required attachments.
The required attachments:
a) dialogue list in English with time codes in .srt format.
It is acceptable to submit Polish-language films with subtitles embedded in the video as part of the picture (so-called hardsubs);
b) at least 2 film stills in .jpg format (300dpi);
c) a photo of the director(s) in .jpg format (300dpi);
A film poster in .jpg or .pdf format is not obligatory, but if the applicant sends it to the Organisers (A3 size, resolution 300dpi), the poster may be exhibited at the Centre for Culture in Lublin during the Festival.
In case of technical problems with the submission of obligatory attachments along with the application via FilmFreeway platform, it is permissible to send them via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail’s subject must include the film’s title and the director’s name.
12. The applicant must send any missing information and materials to the Organiser in 7 days from being notified about the application being incomplete. If the missing information is not sent in the aforementioned term, the Organiser can not qualify the film to the Selection.
13. Films can be submitted free of charge from 15th February 2021 to 21st March 2021.
14. From 22nd March 2021 all entries via FilmFreeway will be charged:
a) from 22nd March 2021 to 30th April 2021 – 3 USD for each film (payable via FilmFreeway);
b) from 1st May 2021 to 1st June 2021 – 15 USD for each film (payable via FilmFreeway).
15. Films submitted after 1st June 2021 will not take part in this year’s selection.
16. A copy of the film must be uploaded to a streaming server and available to watch at least until the applicant has been informed of the selection results. Films on DVD, Blu-ray, or any other kind of physical media will not be accepted for the selection process.
17. During the Festival the following short film contests take place:
a) FOCUS: EMOTIONS – Films which qualify for the competition are productions about emotions, addressing difficult issues and evoking strong feelings among the audience.
b) FOCUS: THEME – Films which qualify for the competition take on current and important social themes.
c) FOCUS: IDEA – Films which qualify for the competition surprise by idea and the use of convention.
d) FOCUS: EXPERIMENT – Films which qualify for the competition are those whose creators are looking for new forms of artistic expression to convey interesting content and film experiments.
e) FOCUS: CHILDREN – Films qualifying for the competition are productions intended for children, avoiding infantility and presenting a high artistic level.
f) FOCUS: ANIMATION – Films qualifying for the competition are formally original animations which raise important issues or tell original stories.
g) FOCUS: DOCUMENTARY – Well-made and formally original documentaries qualify for the competition.
h) FOCUS: FEATURE FILMS – Films qualifying for the competition are original full-length feature live action films produced at a high artistic and technical level.
18. The Organisers reserve the right to change the names of the contests, to create contests additional to the ones listed in section 17, and to decide not to hold specific contests (from among the ones listed in section 17).
19. The list of the films qualified for the contests will be made available on the Festival’s website www.lff.lublin.pl after the completion of the Selection Committee’s deliberations. The applicants will be notified by email by the Organisers about the Selection results.
20. The applicant will not withdrew the film from the contest after the announcement of the Selection results.
21. Successful applicants will have 14 days after receiving notification of the selection results to deliver the following materials to the Organisers:
a) the screening copy of the film in .mov or .mp4 format with H.264 codec used, in a resolution of 1080p (no interlacing) or higher and with hardcoded English subtitles,
b) timecoded English subtitles in an .srt format synchronised with the screening copy (for non-Polish films only),
c) a list of the festivals at which the film was screened and awards it received, if any,
d) information whether the film will have its Polish, European or world premiere at the Festival (the screenings will not take place before 19th November 2021).
22. Full-length films screening copies can be delivered in DCP or Blu-Ray formats.
23. A download link to the screening copy together with the aforementioned materials can be send via e-mail at email@example.com or a USB flash drive containing the screening copy together with the aforementioned materials can be sent to the following address:
Kinoteatr ProjektCentrum Kultury w Lublinie
ul. Peowiaków 12
with a note „LFF”.
24. Failing to deliver the materials listed in section 21 may result in film’s disqualification from the Festival. At the same time, after accepting the demonstration copy, the Organizer reserves the right not to accept further demonstration copies of the same film if the time and technical conditions, in the Organiser’s opinion, do not allow it to be properly adapted to the projection at the Festival.
25. The Organiser does not cover the postal/courier costs of sending the screening copy.
26. The aforementioned storage media become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned (does not apply to portable hard drives with a DCP copy).
27. The Organiser does not charge for showing the film at competition or non-competition screenings.
28. The Organiser does not pay a license fee. The applicant grants the Organiser a free, non-exclusive, unlimited territorially license to show the film at public screenings during the Festival and its replicas (in screening rooms or other, and as part of open-air shows). Making the film available online as part of the Festival requires a separate free license. The rules regarding the free license for online shows are contained in point 47 of these Regulations.
29. The Organiser will provide at least two free overnight stays for the film author during the Festival. At the request of the author the Organiser can provide additional overnight stays for max. one additional film crew member. The requests for additional overnight stay will be granted on a first come first served basis. The number of granted overnight stays will depend on the availability of accommodation. The number of additional stays will depend on the availability of free places. The organiser’s possibility of providing free accommodation during the Festival will depend on the current sanitary regulations in Poland, including regulations on cross-border traffic and hotel business.
30. The Organiser does not cover or refund the Festival’s participants travel and food expenses.
31. The Festival’s participants can take part in all of the Festival events free of charge. If it is necessary to introduce the online formula, access to some events may be limited to the borders of Poland.
32. Festival participants are required to comply with the current sanitary rules.
33. Applicants under 18 must supply the Organiser with their parents’ or guardians’ consent to enter the Festival. Additionally, they must appoint a guardian (over 18 years old) to accompany them at the Festival.
34. Films qualified for the contests are judged by a Jury appointed by the Organiser from among the distinguished representatives of the film world.
35. The Jury’s deliberations are closed to the public and may take place online. The Jury’s decisions are final and non-appealable.
36. In each short film contest one film will be awarded. The winner of each of the aforementioned contests will receive a Golden Anteater statuette. The Jury may also award honourable mention(s). The Honourable Mention laureates receive a certificate of distinction, not a statuette.
37. The director of the film awarded with the Grand Prix of the Masters of Feature Films competition, apart from the statuette and the certificate, will also receive a financial award.
38. The Jury will choose one film from the films taking part in all short film contests to be awarded the Short Film Contests Grand Prix. The director of the awarded film, apart from the statuette and the certificate, will also receive a financial award.
39. The amount of financial rewards referred to in point 37 and 38 will be announced after the list of films qualified for the Festival has been announced. In both cases, it will be an amount of not less than PLN 4,000. The organizer reserves the right to establish additional financial prizes (in addition to those mentioned in points 37 and 38).
40. Additionally, after voting, a special Audience Golden Anteater will be awarded (a common category for all films presented within the competition and non-competition screenings). In addition to the statuette and diploma, the Director will also receive a financial award in the amount of PLN 2,000. The amount of the financial award will be announced after the list of films qualified for the Festival is announced.
41. The Organiser will also choose a film to be awarded the Krzysztof Szot Award.
42. The winners of the awards will be announced at the Awards Gala on the last day of the Festival. The list of winners will also be published on the Festival website. The organiser reserves the right not to organize the Gala in a traditional form, but only in the form of an online broadcast.
43. The authors of awarded films not able to participate in the Gala should send a short (around 1 minute) video of appreciation for the award to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after receiving information about winning.
44. Financial awards, in the amount including tax deductions required by Polish law, will be transferred to the bank account specified in the agreement with winners.
45. Golden Anteater statuettes and diplomas may be collected in person by the winners or their representatives during the Gala or at the premises of the Culture Center in Lublin at a date agreed with the Organiser. The organiser may also send the statuette and the diploma to the address indicated by the winner.
46. The Organiser reserves the right to add or change the category of the awards.
VII. OTHER TERMS:
47. The applicant grants the Organiser the following licenses:
a) free, non-exclusive, unlimited territorially and time-wise license to show the film at public screenings during the Festival and its replicas;
b) free, non-exclusive, unlimited territorially and time-wise license to use the promotional materials supplied (the film’s description, stills, authors’ bios etc.) in the Festival’s publications (print, website, social media, press info, etc.) and in the Festival’s media coverage;
c) free, non-exclusive, unlimited territorially and time-wise license to use fragments of film chosen by the Organiser (the trailer or a film’s fragment up to 10% of its whole duration) in all the Festival’s promotional activities (print, website, social media, press info, the Internet, media: radio, television, cinema etc.);
d) free, non-exclusive, unlimited territorially and time-wise license to translate the dialogue list to Polish and screen the film with Polish subtitles (applicable to non-Polish films). The license also cover creating the subtitles for hearing impaired and audio description.
48. Granting a free, non-exclusive, time-limited to the screenings at the Festival, territorially limited to the borders of Poland license for public sharing of the film in the form of online access involves additional consent of the submitting entity, which can be granted in the application form or in writing in the form of e-mail. Possible online sharing of the film includes restricting access to the film to the borders of Poland, 500 unique plays without the possibility of downloading the file to the user’s internal drive and the password guarded access provided by the Organiser for a registered user. The organizer obliges not to publish the film online without the consent of the submitting entity.
49. The Organiser reserves the right to use the promotional materials supplied before, during and after the Festival. The applicant declares that he owns all the rights to the aforementioned materials. In case of any claims made towards the Organiser by any persons regarding the use of the aforementioned materials, the Applicant is bound to release the Organisers from any liability in the matter.
50. By entering the LFF Contests, the applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
51. The Organiser will not be held liable for any third parties’ rights infringement in connection with the use of the received materials, unless the infringement is the Organiser’s fault.
52. All matters not discussed in these Terms and Conditions will be decided by the Organiser.
53. The Polish version of these Terms and Conditions is the binding version.
54. In the event of any disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions, the applicable law is the Polish law, and cases will be heard by common courts in Lublin.
55. The Organiser reserves the right to change these Terms and Regulations.
56. According to article 13 sections 1 and 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection ) we inform that:
a) The Administrator of the personal data of the author/contestant is the Centre for Culture in Lublin with head office in Lublin (20-007), Peowiaków St 12 represented by the Director – Aleksander Szpecht. A Data Protection Inspector is appointed in the facility.
b)The personal data of
the author/contestant will be processed for the purposes of:
– participation in the program of the Lublin Film Festival,
– information, i.e. sending information regarding program activities of the Centre for Culture in Lublin.
c) The recipients of the personal data of the author/contestant, in addition to the data administrator, will be only entities authorised to obtain personal data on the basis of the provisions of law.
d) The personal data of the author/contestant will be stored until he/her withdraw his/her consent to their processing. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which had been carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
e) The personal data of the author/contestant will not be subject to profiling.
f) Author/contestant has the right to access his/her data and the right to correct it, delete it, limit processing, the right to data transfer, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the legality of processing, which had been made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
g) Author/contestant has the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection when he/she feel that the processing of personal data concerning him/her violates the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.
h) Providing personal data by the author/contestant is voluntary, however, it is also a condition of participation in the program of Lublin Film Festival.